How To Know When Divorce Is Right
Several couples who cannot bear the relationship any longer have this lingering question on how to know when divorce is right for them. There is wisdom in knowing when the right time is so that everyone who is affected or might be affected will not experience severe consequences of the failed marriage.
Divorce is a common occurrence in the United States. In fact, statistics have shown that half of the marriages end in divorce in a certain period of time. Even for those who have been through loving relationships, tough times are can still be encountered. But going through hardships within the relationship does not mean the couple has to subject themselves to divorce decisions. Several aspects in marriage can still be resolved, and it is important that the couple decides to invest every effort to save the marriage vow they once declared to the world.
However, for those who are bent on knowing how to know when divorce is right for them, here are questions that need to be answered by them personally. There are no formulas to ascertain that the relationship is subject for divorce. It is only the couple who can be certain about the answers. So before finalizing everything, ask yourself the following questions found below.
How to Know When Divorce is Right
1. Is fight always the solution for every situation that evolves in the relationship, even if the case of the situation is minor?
2. Do you always go back into the hurtful memory lane, not just when fighting, but also during moments when you are talking casually?
3. Does each of you still respect each other? If respect has once been jeopardized, is it still possible to bring back the respect you have for each other?
4. When it comes to goals and dreams, is there a change in yours, yet your partner remains the same? Or is there a change in your partner’s aspirations in life, while yours is stuck up with the status quo?
5. Does your partner by this time overlook your personal growth?
6. Are there major changes in both the values you uphold together, especially those related to moral and ethical values and lifestyle?
7. Have you forgotten to compromise? When arguments abound, do you create a way to meet in the middle?
8. When it comes to sexual compatibility, have you lost the intimacies you once have? Do you feel you are repelled by your spouse’s presence, despite all the counseling sessions and professional therapy you underwent?
9. Do you honestly think that divorce is right this time?
Asking these questions and getting to know when divorce is right is important for every couple who is confused of their relationship. It is ultimately up to you to decide. But such decision should be thought of thoroughly in order to avoid regrets, and to prevent other parties from suffering with the consequences of such action.